Thursday, August 2, 2012

Sleep



I haven't slept much since March/April, a few weeks before Ian was born.  Since that isn't going to change anytime soon, i can only live vicariously through him.  Sleep is his favorite past time.  All I can say is, it must be nice :). 

When I first brought Ian home from the hospital, I would barely sleep (if I did at all).  Reason being was that I would have to look at him and listen to him to make sure he was still alive and breathing.  We slept with the lights on so I could see his chest rise and fall. It's a bit scary beeing out of the hospital without the machines keeping track of his every move, every breath; but I'm also glad to be home too.  Spending all that time in the hospital has filled me up for a while.

As i type this, Ian is asleep on my arm right now.  Maybe I should be sleeping now too.  I am so tired.  I am still overly alert and watchful over him, but as he gets bigger and more active; I feel better more and more each day. Right now I humbly wait for the time when he'll be able to sleep through the night.  I'll be so excited when that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment