Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Baked Pineapple Chicken and Potatoes



There was this can of Dole Pineapples that has been in my cupboard for a couple of months now and it was bothering me.  I got tired of looking at it and lusting after the pineapples but not being able to commit to taking the can out and eating it.  Today enough was enough.  I had a whole chicken in the freezer that was taking up space, so I decided to cook that too.  I also cleaned out my potato bucket by using up the potatoes in there that were starting to root (ewww). :D

Now that I'd clean out my kitchen, lol, I'll share with you how they all came together.

Ingredients:
1 - Whole Chicken
6 potatoes
1/2 can of sliced pineapples
1 - tbsp Backyard Seasoning
1 - tsp Old Bay Seasoning
1 - tbsp Dry Chicken Rub
1 - tbsp minced garlic
1 - tbsp minced onion/green onion
1/4 cup Pineapple Juice

Method:
Wash whole chicken and coat with garlic and onion.  Mix together Backyard, Old Bay, and Dry Rub seasonings and set to side.  Wash potatoes leaving skin on and cut into chunks.  Coat chicken with half of the dried seasonings that was set aside and place in a baking dish.  Use the other half of dried seasonings to coat the potatoes, leaving back a pinch to sprinkle on pineapples.  Pour pineapple juice in baking dish with chicken.  Place potatoes around the base of the chicken in the baking dish.  Sprinkle the remaining seasonings on 4 pineapple slices then place the slices on top of the chicken.  Hold pineapples in place with toothpics.  Cover dish with aluminum foil and place in oven to bake at 375 for 1.5 hrs.  Take foil off for last half hour to let chicken get color.


No comments:

Post a Comment