Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Butterflies

When Ian and I were in the hospital for all those weeks, I learned about their significance of butterflies.  I have never been so scared of something so delicate before until when I first made it out of ICU and went to my recovery floor. My nurse told me that all the doors with butterflies on them meant their baby passed away.  On my wing there were 10 rooms and on my first night there, I was one of 3 rooms without a butterfly on my door.

Any other time I would remark on how beautiful a butterfly is, but this time around I didn't want to see a butterfly at all.  Right now, I still don't know how I feel about them.  All I can say is, I used to love them.  Every day for all those weeks, the first thing I would look for was a butterfly on my door or Ian's.  He had a high turn over rate of roommates too.  It was a crazy time.  His birth, but most importantly his life, was meant to be.  I couldn't ask for more than that.  He is my sunshine.

I would like to say that I am very happy I never got that butterfly tattoo I was thinking about in my youth.  If I did, I would have to start drawing my cover up tattoo asap.  Be blessed everybody and count your blessings, I know I do.



No comments:

Post a Comment