Sunday, October 21, 2012

Lost Updates 10/21/12

It's been too long since I updated you on Ian and he has been having some great milestones.  First of all, I would like to thank those of you who voted for me in the Harlequin ~ So You Think You Can Write Competition.  Even though I did not place, the experience was a great one.  It forced me to finish my second book in the Ansheniu Series that I had put on hold since I got pregnant and now I am working on the third book.  November is #NaNoWriMo and I will be participating in that so I can make a big dent in the third book, but it will not be as demanding as the last one was for me.  With Harlequein's Comp I was writing around 5k words a day and between that, school, and Ian, I had no time to even think about anything else.  I really wanted to keep up to date with Ian's accomplishments though.  This is like my journal for him, something he'll have to look back on for a long long time.  Other private thoughts like those about his dad for example I have written in a book, when he's old enough he can have that diary I started from when I was pregnant.

Enough about me, in the last month Mr. Ian has been chatting up a storm, spitting everywhere, rolling over, trying to crawl by sliding his face across his floor pad, trying to walk because he doesn't like being lower than everyone or anything else, eating more solid foods, and laughing, talking & crying louder and louder everyday as his voice changes.  He is a spectacular boy and he is trying to do everything at once, which is funny in itself.  When he's unhappy he start's calling out ma ma over and over again.  I would like to think he's calling me already, but he's to young to know what he's saying :-)  I'll just enjoy the moments though. He is still kicking my computer when he thinks I am spending to much on it and he discovered he really like pulling my hair, a lot :-)  I am still his favorite person, but i find myself wondering how long will that last? :-)

He has grown so much, already over 15lbs.  I remember still what he looked like at birth being 3lbs and he's changed so much.  He has more padding on his body, so he's becoming more doughy.  His hair is changing too.  He's loosing all his baby hair and the new growth has come in like peach fuzz.  He just some hairs hanging on around the perimeter that make his hair still look full till you turn him around :-)  At first I thought he was pulling out his hairs, but there were just to many strands all over his pillows, his face, and my shoulder to be from pulling.  He's fussy and feisty too, just like mommy :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment